Friday, December 7, 2007

Final Portfolio: Oral Communication

T0 be perfectly honest, I have never been great with small group work. I usually like to work alone, where I don't have to fight with another person in order to get the project done. I also work a bit quicker when it's just myself as well. However, the groups I worked with on these past group assignments have been actually pretty fun for me, particularly the last task. The first group assignment was rather easy for me overall, since besides picking pictures the electronic and written component was up to the individual. The second group I was in I was fairly uninvolved, aside from explaining some of the Powerpoint slides. However, I had a great time with our most recent assignment, where I was given a cool task in editing the radio broadcast. I also had fun interviewing the various people around the memorial union, since they were all there for different reasons, holding different personalities. Out of all the group assignments, only this last one felt like, well, a group assignment to me, and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I may enjoy solo projects more overall, but eventually I'll have to get more involved in these kinds of project groups -- after all, in the real world this is a skill you need in order to hold any job! I guess it's something I have to grow into a bit more.

No comments: